Who is in charge of the Mountain Mercy Project?
- The Mountain Mercy Project is a formal DBA (“doing business as”) relief organization functioning entirely under the umbrella of The Word of Life Fellowship, Inc.’s 501(c) 3 religious non-profit status. However, the organization is open to all members of the community who would like to help.
How do I know my donation will only be used for helping Haiti / and or Africa?
- 100% of the money you donate to Mountain Mercy Project is used to support one of three established ministries in Haiti and Africa (for more information, please refer to the “Partners” page). We have personally been to each of these ministries and have seen that they use their resources to meet the needs of the people directly.
How much of my donation will be used to pay organizational employees?
- Mountain Mercy Project does not have any paid employees; it is a 100% volunteer effort. Therefore NO amount of any donation goes to pay employees.
To whom specifically will my donation be given?
- Currently Mountain Mercy Project donations are going specifically to Rhema International, and to Fishers of Men Ministries, two viable and long standing ministries in Haiti; and to Dawn Wilk (DestinedforJoy.com), working in conjunction with Iris Ministries in Mozambique, Africa. Other organizations may be added at a later date.
- Visit Rhema here – http://www.rhemainternational.org/
- Visit Fishers here – http://www.fomhaiti.org/
- Visit Dawn Wilk’s blog here – http://destinedforjoy.com/
- Visit Iris Ministries here – http://www.irismin.org/
I want to help the organization but I cannot help financially right now. What can I do?
- You can pray for us and for the people we are trying to help.
- When requested by those we are helping, we will collect specific items that you might be able to give, such as blankets, clothing, food, etc.
- If you have time, you can volunteer to help our organization. Please contact us at (209) 586-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I am Red Crossed certified (or have emergency medical training). Can I go to Haiti or Africa to help?
- Please contact the local Red Cross chapter.